Mojtaba Tabatabaei – B.A. in painting from “Tehran University of Art”
Some of artist’s solo exhibitions:
– “Red lines and other things” at Etemad Gallery-Tehran
– “And them” at Ars Libri Gallery- Boston-USA
– “Monoptych, Diptych (homonym to state in Persian language), Triptych” at Etemad Gallery-Tehran
– “Nameless” at Azad Art Gallery-Tehran
– “You were busy dying” at Azad Art Gallery-Tehran
– “Clot” at Azad Art Gallery-Tehran
Mojtaba Tabatabaei was born in 1966 in Tehran. After completing his education in Fine Arts high school, in 1987 he entered Tehran University of Art and graduated with B.A. in painting. His interest in figurative painting is obvious in most of his works. The subjects of his works are mostly social, with diverse view points.
Mojtaba Tabatabaei‘s first solo exhibition was presented at Elahe Gallery in 2001. Ever since, he has had many solo and more than 70 group exhibitions in Iran and abroad. He has also been active in illustration and has participated in “Bratislava Int’l Biennial” three times. He had been teaching in art universities for years, and presently is occupied with painting and creating art works at his atelier in Tehran.